Saturday, September 6, 2008

Operation Smile Fall Charity Event

Part of the reason that I love being a photographer is that my job introduces me to many opportunities to help people in need.



Last fall, I participated in the Professional Photographers of America's "Operation Smile" charity event, through which I donated a portion of each session fee in September and October to an organizaion of volunteer doctors and other medical personnel who perform life changing surgeries on children around the world. Through this organization, children with cleft palates and other facial malformations can receive corrective surgery which would otherwise be financially impossible. Each surgery costs Operation Smile only $250 to perform, but allows a child to eat, speak, and smile - activities which many of us take for granted every day.



I received so much positive feedback during the event last year, and thanks to those of you who scheduled sessions I was able to donate hundreds of dollars to Operation Smile. This September and October I am once again donating 25% of all session fees to Operation Smile, and I hope to make an even more substantial donation.



Please click the link below to see a video about this great organization (when your screen goes black, click on the arrow button to play the video):



http://www.weedonphoto.com/PPACharities2008/iframe.html